Informations, Part 3: John Molendyk

As I drove down University Drive this morning, it was through a barrage of political signs, all essentially the same, boring, a few colors, a last name in bold without mush else.

The signs I don’t like are not just too basic, they are boring with nothing memorable about them aside from the last name, and in the barrage of signs, if you don’t have a reason to remember it, you wont. If you do, the sign isn’t necessary.

Signs I Don’t Like

The first one just seems to blend in. In a sea of signs, Len Herman does nothing to stand out and I think his name is also not memorable, so he needs to work harder from this perspective. 

This sign doesn’t feel like they tried very hard to get your attention, when compared to the other signs it is found within, it somewhat disappears. The yellow doesn’t stand out, when combined with graphic stars, the whole sign has a cheap feeling to it.

Signs I Do Like

This sign I like, it is actually a little smaller than the others it is near and the name and all of the text are not as readable as it could be, but the graphic apple draws you in and makes you immediately think about education. It softens the normal political, strong stance that can come through. I think the white background brings a softness and trust worthiness as well.

I found this one on the ground. It is one of my favorites simply because of the graphic star and the use of the dark blue color. I think the blue brings a trusted, legitimacy and the star has motion in it, bringing a professional, up to date feeling where many of the other signs just seem to blend in.