Irvine Math Project’s work is customized to meet the needs of your district. IMP has extensive experience in the following:
- Common Core preparation & implementation, including the 8 mathematical practices.
- Providing professional development for K-12 teachers and curriculum specialists to support increased pedagogical content knowledge and mathematical content knowledge.
- Increase teacher pedagogical knowledge in areas such as How the Brain Learns Math, classroom management, mathematical mindset, math discourse, student motivation, engagement, and questioning strategies, research and theory on student learning, homework and many more topics!
- Lesson, unit, curriculum guide, and homework writing for math courses
- Intervention curriculum to fill in the gaps for students below grade level; curriculum includes research based scaffolded English Language Learner supports.
- Job embedded professional development that supports teachers in implementing professional development into their classrooms; supports include demonstration lessons, coaching, professional learning communities, and lesson study.