Traveling from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is around 13 miles south of the Jackson School of Geosciences
Transportation to and from the airport is possible using:
(1) Public Transport (Metro 100 Bus: Airport Flyer) – ~$1.25, every 30 mins on the hour and the half hour – goes from airport to campus.
(2) Ride Sharing companies such as FARE and RideAustin – ~20$, ~20 minutes;
(3) Supershuttle – ~25$, ~20 minutes. Need to reserve online to avoid waiting at the airport;
(4) Rental Cars (Avis, Budget, Enterprise) – Depends on the company and insurance;
(5) Taxis – ~30$, ~20 minutes
Further information regarding the above list is available from the ground transportation page on the airport website.
Getting around Austin
Austin has an excellent public transportation system that includes the CapMetro buses and the Metrorail Train. Plan your trip and purchase day or week passes on the Metro website.
Please note: Rideshare companies Uber and Lyft are currently not available in Austin.
To access the rideshare companies, you will have to download the app(s) on your smartphones.
Austin is also a very bicycle friendly city. Some options for bicycle rentals (B-Cycle and Splinster have locations on UT campus):