The Learning Technologies Advisory Group, comprising functional and information technology staff from academic and academic support service units, is charged with:
- Researching and discussing educational technology tools and related topics for the UCI campus
- Identifying actionable next steps for unmet educational technology needs and connecting appropriate parties with campus units (including, but not limited to: the Office of Information Technologies, Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning, UCI Libraries, etc.) equipped to take those steps
- Providing recommendations on higher level policy and areas for investment to the executive sponsors, in consultation with other mechanisms
The Learning Technologies Advisory Group meets every other month with additional meetings as needed. Chairs coordinate meeting details including agenda. View past agendas.
Reports on meeting action items and relevant collaborative information are provided to executive sponsors and the leadership of participating units as appropriate.
Membership is by invitation and rotates based on member availability. Representation from across a number of campus constituencies will be maintained as the membership changes organically over time.
- Andrea Aebersold, Center for Engaged Instruction
- Ramesh Arasasingham, Department of Chemistry (representing Faculty)
- Elizabeth Bennett (or a representative), Office of the Registrar
- Sven Bernecker, Department of Philosophy (representing Faculty)
- Shohreh Bozorgmehri, Office of Information Technology
- John Clarke, Paul Merage School of Business
- Simon Cole, Department of Criminology, Law, and Society (representing Faculty)
- Judi Franz, Office of Information Technology (representing Classrooms)
- Stacy Brinkman, UCI Libraries
- Jim Hull, School of Social Sciences (representing Faculty)
- Sandy Irani, Department of Computer Science (representing Faculty)
- Kelsey Layos, Office of Information Technology (representing the LMS), Co-Chair
- Michelle McCoy, School of Nursing
- Eric Rupp, Office of Information Technology (representing Classrooms)
- Jeremy Thacker, Office of Information Technology (representing DUE)
- Briandy Walden, Office of Information Technology
- Adrienne Williams, Division of Teaching & Learning, Co-Chair
- Mathew Williams, Division of Teaching & Learning, Co-Chair
- Cathy Vimuttinan, Academic English (representing Lecturers)
- Julie Youm, School of Medicine
Additional member participation is extended to these organizations on an on-going basis. Specific participation is based on availability and may rotate or be vacant as dictated by availability.
- Associated Graduate Students (AGS) Representative (representing Graduate Students)
- Associated Students of University of California, Irvine (ASUCI) Representative (representing Undergraduate Students)
- Michael Dennin, Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning, Dean of Division of Undergraduate Education
- Dana Roode, Associate Vice Chancellor and CIO
The Learning Technologies Advisory group relies on input from the campus to direct our attention instructional technology topics that are most pressing. Please use the form below to let us know if you have a topic you’d like us to consider, a tool you’d like to see the campus adopt and support, or any other questions or comments you would like to share.