Personalized service is a hallmark of the Merage School experience, and it starts with the admissions process. If you have any questions or need assistance at any point in your decision-making process, we are here to help.
Applicants may apply online and must meet all prerequisite requirements at the time of matriculation into the program.
Admission to graduate standing in The Paul Merage School of Business is accorded to those possessing an undergraduate degree with an acceptable level of scholarship from an institution of recognized standing. A quantitative background in subjects such as calculus and intermediate statistics and probability is encouraged, and undergraduate degrees in sciences, engineering, mathematics, economics, and business are recommended. Applicants for admission will be evaluated on their academic record and potential for leadership as demonstrated in submitted application materials including:
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended to obtain undergraduate degree (with English translation if needed)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two essays
- Official TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS (international applicants)
- $150 application fee
- A personal interview (by invitation only)
Additional recommended but not required qualifications include:
- Post-university work experience or research experience in a quantitative discipline
- Prior exposure in computation programming, such as C++ or familiarity with computational or risk management tools
- Experience with statistical and econometric applications, such as SAS, STATA, MATLAB, R, S-Plus
- Experience with mathematical tools, such as MATLAB or Mathematica
Test of English as a Foreign Language:
Those students educated from a country where English is not the primary language will be required to possess a minimum score on the Test of English for Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 600 for the “paper-based” test and 80 for the “Internet-based” test. Further, international applicants may also take the Pearson Test of English (PTE). The minimum required score for admission is 53. Scores are valid for two years.
Frequently Asked Questions
See our FAQ page for more information.