1. How do I access Ilios and Canvas?
2. How do I reset my hs (health science) password?
3. How do you create documents for viewing on the iPad?
4. How do I use the Touchscreen Monitors?
5. How do I reduce the size of my PDF file?
6. How do I access UCI resources off-site?
7. Who do I contact for main campus associated issues (UCI net ID)?
8. Who do I contact for technical issues on Electronic Educational Environment – EEE?
9. How do I set up the VPN for my iPad/iPhone?
10. How do I create my own podcast?
11. Where are my podcasts (UCI Replay) listed?
Ilios- Go to https://curriculum.hs.uci.edu/
Canvas-Go to https://ucisom.instructure.com/
Reset your password at https://myaccounts.hs.uci.edu. If you have questions about your health science (hs) account, contact the HAIS 24 hour help desk at 714-456-3333. This desk has access to your information and can help you with difficulties. They also have the ability to access your computer remotely to help you out.
Students require at least a pdf version of all documents (word and ppt documents are also useful given the course context).When converting Powerpoint files, create PDF files with 1 slide per page and a white/light background. If the PDF file is too large, then probably the images need to be compressed. Students have noted that some professors have valuable information in the “notes” section (underneath the slide). In this case, it is best if the ppt file is saved as a pdf with those notes underneath each slide.
- Steps for PC:
Save file as “pdf”
go to Options–>”Publish as”–>”Notes pages”
- Steps for Mac:
Go to “Print file”
at “Print What:”, select “Notes”
Then save as “pdf”
This touchscreen enables you to make notations on your slides during your lecture. The annotations that you make on the slides will be recorded during the podcasts and are extremely helpful to the students.
Using the Touch Screen:
- When in PowerPoint, start your slide show.
- You may be prompted to select “Edit slides”; you should allow editing.
- Right click on mouse, select “Pointer Options”
- Select your tool– pen, highlighter, etc.
- Your finger will serve as the writing device. The writing will be slightly above where you touch.
- In order to advance the slide, use ENTER or arrows keys. (The lower left area of the screen also can be used to advance slides and change the pointer.)
- Do not save your annotations (unless you want to save the marked-up slides)
Podcast (view using VPN if off-site) – Using the Touch Screen “Video”
Simply download any “PDF Compressor” program from the internet (free versions would work just fine), and run the PDF file through the program. As the results, you have a smaller size PDF file. One option for free software is “www.veryPDF.com”.
Follow these instructions:
Office of Informational Technologies – (OIT). http://www.oit.uci.edu/index.html/
OIT will help you with issues regarding your UCINet ID, VPN and other university-related technical issues. The Instructional Technologies Group is responsible for School of Medicine related technical issues including Iliso, Canvas, PollEverywhere and iPad initiative.
Go to https://eee.uci.edu/contact/
If you have problems with EEE, please follow the steps below. Note that EEE is supported by the main campus and the EEE staff is best able to troubleshoot problems. Your professors are unable to help you with individual access or technical issues, so it is most efficient to contact EEE first.
When contacting the EEE support staff, include the following information:
1) name and number of course
2) connecting from on- or off-campus device
3) using computer or Ipad
4) using VPN or not
5) able to log in to other services, like Student Access or does the issue only occur with EEE?
Note – if you cannot “login” to other services as well, you should contact the OUT Help Desk 944.824.2222 as that would suggest that the issue is not specific to EEE.
6) What happens when trying to “login”? Do you get any error messages and if so, what do the errors say?
Follow the link: VPN Set Up