I led UCI Sociology Department’s statistics bootcamp for incoming graduate students in 2015, 2016, and 2017. This multi-day workshop familiarizes students with the mathematical backbones of statistical methods for social scientists in order to prepare them for the graduate statistics sequence. Materials from 2017 are shown below.
- Measures of central tendency and variance
- Sampling distributions, Z scores, probability
- Confidence intervals, t-distribution, proportions
- Hypothesis testing and sample problems (means)
- Hypothesis testing and sample problems (proportions)
- Hypothesis testing with two samples (means and proportions)