Personalized service is a hallmark of the Merage School experience, and it starts with the admissions process. If you have any questions or need assistance at any point in your decision-making, we are here to help.
Applicants apply online and must meet all prerequisite requirements at the time of matriculation into the program.
Admission to graduate standing in The Paul Merage School of Business requires an undergraduate degree with an acceptable level of scholarship from an institution of recognized standing. A quantitative background including coursework in subjects such as mathematics, computer science, economics, statistics, engineering and physics is encouraged. If the undergraduate training is not sufficiently quantitative, three or more years of work experience in a field related to business analytics is recommended. Applicants for admission will be evaluated on their academic record and potential for leadership as demonstrated in submitted application materials including:
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended (with English translation if needed)
- Send to: The Paul Merage School of Business, UC Irvine, MS in Business Analytics Program, 4293 Pereira Drive, Suite 4500, Irvine, CA 92697-3125
- International applicants should refer to the International Applicant page for more specific requirements.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- Submissions are preferred using the form through our online system. However, letters received in the mail, will be accepted if received in a signed and sealed envelope directly from the recommender.
- Two essays (See online application)
- Official TOEFL, PTE or IELTS (international applicants)*
- A personal interview (by invitation only)
See our FAQ page for more information.
* Test of English as a Foreign Language – Those students educated from a country where English is not the primary language will be required to possess a minimum score on the Test for Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 600 for the “paper-based” test and 80 for the “internet-based” test. Further, international applicants may also take the Pearson Test of English (PTE). The minimum required score for admission is 53. Scores are valid for two years. Send official Test Report Form (TRF) to: The Paul Merage School of Business, UC Irvine, MS in Business Analytics Program, 4293 Pereira Drive, Suite 4500, Irvine, CA 92697-3125. International applicants should refer to the International Applicant page for more specific requirements.