Submissions are OPEN
The deadline for submissions for the Spring Issue 2018 is May 8th, 2019 at 11:59PM.
Click here to submit writing, and here to submit artwork!
Feel free to read below to see what our requirements are for future submissions.
“This is the first thing / I have understood: / Time is the echo of an axe / Within a wood.” – Phillip Larkin
New Form, UC Irvine’s Undergraduate Literary journal, invites you to submit your writing and artwork for publication in our upcoming Spring 2019 issue. As the academic year comes to a close, we hope to offer a rich and diverse creative atmosphere for our UC Irvine community. We decided to include a theme in our final issue of the year. We welcome any writing and artwork that explores the theme “Beginnings and Endings,” in any any capacity. Poetry, fiction, and non-fiction are all accepted, as well as any 2D artwork.
Accepted writing submissions will appear in our newest Spring 2019 issue and will also be showcased at the New Forum End of Year Celebration and Exhibit. This event will celebrate our three publications for the quarter: the Spring ’19 issue, the Short Story Issue, and the Editors’ Issue. All artwork submitted will also be considered for publication in our upcoming Spring 2019 Issue of our literary journal, with the potential of being the issue’s cover art or center-fold. Artwork may also be exhibited at the Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication for up to two quarters. This event will take place at the Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication on Thursday, May 23rd. Open Mic to follow.
- Submission Deadline: Wednesday, May 1st
- Artist/Writer Notification: Thursday, May 16th
- Celebration and Exhibition: Thursday, May 23rd
REQUIREMENTS FOR WRITING:
- No more than three pieces of writing in total, including but not limited to poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. Prose must not
exceed more than 2500 words.
- No indication of identity (your name, student ID, etc.) on the body of the work. The information on the submission form will make sure we know whose work belongs to whom.
- Please upload only one piece of writing on a single document.Fill out a new submission form for each piece of writing (i.e. writers submitting three pieces should submit three separate submission forms).If you submit more than one piece of writing, fill out an additional submission form.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTWORK:
- No more than three artwork submissions.
- Must send in high-resolution .JPG files of artwork.
- Artists selected to display their artwork must drop off their piece(s) at the UCI Writing Center by Monday, May 19th. Artworks must be prepared to hang on a wall (attached to card-stock paper or framed).
- New Forum prints our literary journal in black and white. Submitting to our journal indicates that you give us permission to print your artwork in black and white.