Submissions are CLOSED
Keep an eye out for our new issue, “Life and Pandemic,” which will be published digitally at the end of Spring quarter!
During this difficult season of uncertainty due to the Coronavirus, New Forum, UCI’s Undergraduate Literary Journal, is offering a space to let UCI students explore the impact this situation has had/will have on their lives. Our Spring 2020 issue will be themed “Life and Pandemic” and we are encouraging anyone who feels they have something meaningful to share to submit their work, be it in prose, poetry, personal essay, or artwork.
“This is the first thing / I have understood: / Time is the echo of an axe / Within a wood.” – Phillip Larkin
New Form, UC Irvine’s Undergraduate Literary journal, invites you to submit your writing and artwork for publication in our upcoming Spring 2020 “Life and Pandemic” issue. As UCI undergraduates experience this difficult time, we welcome all to tap into their creative side as a means of expression.
- Submission Deadline: May 7th at 11:59 PM.
- Author Notification: End of Week 9.
- Issue Release and Celebration: Sadly we are not able to hold an issue release party this quarter, but the journal will be available on our website by the end of Week 10.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WRITING:
- No more than three pieces of writing in total, including but not limited to poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. Prose must not
exceed more than 2500 words.
- No indication of identity (your name, student ID, etc.) on the body of the work. The information on the submission form will make sure we know whose work belongs to whom. If there are any indicators of identity on your work, it will not be considered!
- Please upload only one piece of writing on a single document.Fill out a new submission form for each piece of writing (i.e. writers submitting three pieces should submit three separate submission forms).If you submit more than one piece of writing, fill out an additional submission form.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTWORK:
- No more than three artwork submissions.
- No indication of your identity on the work itself.
- Must send in high-resolution .JPG files of artwork.
- New Forum prints our literary journal in black and white. Submitting to our journal indicates that you give us permission to print your artwork in black and white.