Photonics@UCI makes its return!
After a couple years of radio silence, the joint OSA/SPIE Student Chapter at UCI is returning with a whole new administrative team. We are returning with a two guest speakers (Justin Caram July 7th, Anne Meyers Kelley July 14th), and some information for new members on formally joining and the best way to keep in touch.
Meet the new team:
The rest of the starting team!
Diane Kim — 1st Year Biomedical Engineering PhD
Abid Sifat — 4th Year Computer & Electrical Engineering PhD
Information for new members
You will need to be an SPIE member to formally join the club.
Here’s a brief procedure on how to join:
- First, create an account at SPIE.org, the button to sign up (or sign in if you are already a member) is in the upper right
- You can always find your Membership Status by clicking My Account, then Account Details in the upper right of the website after you’ve logged in.
- Scroll down to find your membership status, and either join or renew from there! (if you are already signed up as a student member of SPIE, you can also click the highlighted text Edit Student Chapters.)
- Be sure to register as a Student during the registration process, as you will get a good discount and you can register for the club in the process. Make sure you select the Univ. of California, Irvine Chapter.
- Finish registering and pay, and that should be it on your end! We will receive an email and admit you to the club once we are notified.
How to get involved and stay in the loop
Let us know you want to join our mailing list to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org . We will correspond with everyone over email. We also plan on meeting at the end of every month to discuss programming for the following month, so everyone interested is encouraged to bring their vision to the table.