Associate Professor Mike Pritchard
3317 Croul Hall, 949-824-3583, firstname.lastname@example.org, @Pritchard_UCI
My expertise is in next generation climate simulation, using new algorithms (cloud superparameterization) and new computing techniques (machine learning) to study clouds and their interaction with climate and weather, in high fidelity
- Machine learning for cloud physics and convection parameterization, and as a new tool for dynamical discovery.
- Climate dynamics of planetary and regional water cycles.
- Tropical climate & weather dynamics, including ocean-coupled effects.
- Land-atmosphere interaction & physiological effects of forests on climate.
- Hydrodynamic downscaling of extreme precipitation events.
- Multi-scale global atmospheric modeling and high-performance computing.
- Next-generation cloud and turbulence resolving atmospheric simulation.