Mission Statement and Goals:
Project Anteaters for College Excellence (A.C.E.) is a mentoring program that provides you with the opportunity to gain and develop strong leadership skills. As a mentor, you will provide guidance to 11th grade students in Santa Ana who are interested in attending a 4 year college or university.
Our aim is to provide guidance, support, and resources to underrepresented youth, specifically for those who identify as foster youth or as the first in their families to attend and/or graduate from a four-year college or university. Our goal is to gather compassionate leaders who want to prepare these students to apply to the four-year college of their dreams.
- Provide guidance for high school students
- Have the opportunity to greatly impact the lives of high school and college students
- Gain field work hours
- Develop leadership, public speaking, and professional skills
- Attend field trips with the high school students
- Become a member of a close-knit team
- Obtain 1.3 units
- Open to full-time undergraduate students enrolled at UC Irvine during 2016-17
- Students must complete and submit an application
- Attend a 1.3 unit class Winter and Spring quarters from 2:30pm to 5:50pm on Wednesdays
- Attend 2-3 Saturday field trips during Winter and Spring quarters
- Participate in 2 hours of boothing for the club
- Arrive on time to every event and class session
- Behave in a professional and respectful manner with the students and other organization members
- Promote a safe and open environment
- Have fun!