Board Members

CATHERINE ALEMAN | EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Hello everyone! My name is Catherine Aleman, I am your Executive Director for Project A.C.E and I am very excited to see the impact we’ll be making on the students this year! Just to share a little bit about myself, I am a 3rd year Sociology, and Social Policy & Public Services double major who’s interested in pursuing either Social Work or Forensic Counseling. Two of my favorite hobbies are dancing and hiking so if you are an adrenaline/ adventurous person, holler at me and we’ll make something happen! Reverting back to the good stuff, the reason why I love to do what I do in this program is because I can personally connect to the struggle that many of our students are currently encountering. For many of our students, this is the first time they hear about the college/ university system, yet by sharing the knowledge I have accumulated over the past 3 years, and motivating these students to discover a new side of their world, is what brings me joy and pride!

GABRIEL MARTINEZ | DIRECTOR OF FINANCES Hello, my name is Gabriel and I am currently a 4th year Education Science major but I am trying to double major in Psychology and Social Behavior. This means I will need to stay another year which is pretty great from my point of view. When I'm not studying I am working at either Langson or the Science Library. During my free time I like to go to the movies or go on a bike ride. Whenever the weather is to my liking I like doing landscape photography at either the beach or up at the mountains. I enjoy going on road trips during the break and sometimes recording specific events with my GoPro. After graduating college I hope to find a position as an academic counselor in either a high school or college setting. This can either for a public or private school system, but I would prefer to start in a low SES community to provide as much help as possible. Later in my career I would like to get involved educational policy in the California Educational System.

GABRIEL MARTINEZ | DIRECTOR OF FINANCES

Hello, my name is Gabriel and I am currently a 4th year Education Science major but I am trying to double major in Psychology and Social Behavior. This means I will need to stay another year which is pretty great from my point of view. When I’m not studying I am working at either Langson or the Science Library. During my free time I like to go to the movies or go on a bike ride. Whenever the weather is to my liking I like doing landscape photography at either the beach or up at the mountains. I enjoy going on road trips during the break and sometimes recording specific events with my GoPro. After graduating college I hope to find a position as an academic counselor in either a high school or college setting. This can either for a public or private school system, but I would prefer to start in a low SES community to provide as much help as possible. Later in my career I would like to get involved educational policy in the California Educational System.

I am a second year at the University of California Irvine. I am actually undeclared at the moment but am looking into majoring in English. During my freshman year, I joined Project ACE because, having just graduated, I understood the stress and anxiety that comes with college applications. Project ACE was a means by which I could remedy some of these anxieties just as my high school teachers did for me my senior year. I am excited to be serving on the board and helping more and more high scholars through the application process.

CHRISTINA HUGHES | DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

NATHANIEL DALERIO | DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT My name is Nathaniel Allen Dalerio, a second year PSB major hoping to double into Business Administration. Here on campus I work with Project A.C.E., RPG Club, and wrestle for UCI’s NCWA Wrestling Team. In addition to this, I am currently working on “Psychosis”, a board game developed by Serious Side Projects, an upstart I am creating. Off the mat and out of the classroom, I’m easy to talk to and will always give an honest answer, for better or worse. My favorite quality would have to be my sarcasm, I can never seem to leave the house without it. I look forward to working with those chosen to take the mantle of mentor, and help these high school students succeed.

NATHANIEL DALERIO | DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
My name is Nathaniel Allen Dalerio, a second year PSB major hoping to double into Business Administration. Here on campus I work with Project A.C.E., RPG Club, and wrestle for UCI’s NCWA Wrestling Team. In addition to this, I am currently working on “Psychosis”, a board game developed by Serious Side Projects, an upstart I am creating. Off the mat and out of the classroom, I’m easy to talk to and will always give an honest answer, for better or worse. My favorite quality would have to be my sarcasm, I can never seem to leave the house without it. I look forward to working with those chosen to take the mantle of mentor, and help these high school students succeed.

Shraddha Waghela. 4th Year. Major: Education and Social Policy Public Service Future Teacher. Talk to me about Harry Potter and I'll be your best friend. Why I joined: As a transfer student I wanted to join clubs and get involved on campus. Project A.C.E. was the perfect opportunity to meet new people, gain experience and give students the kind of help I wish I received.

SHRADDHA WAGHELA | DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EVENTS
Shraddha Waghela. 4th Year. Major: Education and Social Policy Public Service
Future Teacher. Talk to me about Harry Potter and I’ll be your best friend.
Why I joined: As a transfer student I wanted to join clubs and get involved on campus. Project A.C.E. was the perfect opportunity to meet new people, gain experience and give students the kind of help I wish I received.

img_9553

NICOLAS DO | DIRECTOR OF PUBLICITY/RECORDS
Hi friends! My name is Nicolas Do and I am currently a second year Biological Sciences Major, and on the way to minoring in Medical Anthropology. Although I’m not really sure as to what I want to do in the future, the main aspects of my career goals are to work with underprivileged children and improving health. That’s part of the reason why I love Project A.C.E. so much: we get to mentor underprivileged juniors and help give them their best shot at going to college, a privilege that a lot of us take for granted. I’m really excited to be in the program for another year and I hope to meet all of you really soon so we can hang out, eat good food, and laugh together. Happy living!

Skip to toolbar