replace with club pic
At UCI, the Society of Physics Students, or SPS, is a primarily undergraduate student organization set up for the purpose of promoting the study of physics, assisting students studying physics, providing career guidance to physics students, and presenting research opportunities in the physics department.
To achieve these goals, SPS conducts demonstrations and organizes events to help students develop their interest in studying physics, provides a place of study to members (Frederick Reines Hall, Room 2107), and offers access to instructors and researchers in the physics department, in addition to providing a group of fellow physics students to discuss and assist in the study of physics.
Our meetings will generally take place every Wednesday from 6:00-7:00 PM at FRH 2107.
Become a Member
Sign up for the mailing list HERE !!
|As a member of SPS, you may also join the national organization for a membership fee of $24. The annual dues are $24. You can join online, or you can fill out the membership application form, and mail it to the national organization with your membership fee.|
- Access to the SPS room (Frederick Reines Hall 2107)
- A subscription to Physics Today, the SPS Observer, and the Journal of Undergraduate Research in Physics
- Career Placement Services
- Eligibility for SPS scholarships, internships, research & travel grants, fellowships and other awards
- Membership with one of AIP's ten member societies, like the American Physical Society and American Astronomical Society