For questions regarding supporting students with disabilities:
How do I give additional time and/or extra attempt for a quiz?
If a student is eligible for alternative testing accommodations per the Disability Services Center, it is the instructor's responsibility to provide that extra time for any exams or quizzes in Canvas. You can set up your exam in Canvas so that this student, and only this student, has extra time or extra attempts to re-take a given exam. See the following guides:
- Give a student extra time on a timed quiz
- Give a student extra attempts on a timed quiz
Note that there is currently no way within Canvas to designate a group of students who should automatically receive accommodations for all timed quizzes.
- Assign an assignment to an individual student with customized (i.e., extended) deadlines Assign an assignment to an individual student with customized (i.e., extended) deadlines
- Tip: When establishing the due and availability dates for the activity, the instructor selects either Everyone, individual students, and/or the desired section.
- Excuse an assignment for a student in the Canvas gradebook Excuse an assignment for a student in the Canvas gradebook