Send email to my class
- For Spring and Summer: Use EEE Legacy Class Mail Lists to send emails to your classes
- Send emails to <coursecode>-<quarter>@classes.uci.edu (Example: 99120-W20@classes.uci.edu)
- Manage your legacy ClassMail Lists
- For Fall classes: Use EEE+ ClassMail to send emails to your classes
- Send emails to <coursecode>-<quarter>@classmail.eee.uci.edu (Example: 99120-F20@classmail.eee.uci.edu)
- Manage your EEE+ ClassMail lists →
- Use WebRoster to find email addresses for individual students
Communicate with students within Canvas
- Use Canvas Announcements to post announcements within your Canvas course space
- Use Canvas Inbox to send a note to students within Canvas (students can opt-out of receiving these via email)
Learn more about the differences between EEE+ Class Mail lists and Canvas Conversations/Inbox/Announcements
About the EEE+ Class Mail lists
The EEE+ Class Mail lists enable instructors to quickly send emails and attachments to a memorable email address for a class.
All students in the class will receive a copy of emails sent this way; there is no opt-out mechanism.
Emails sent to a class mail list are archived for a period of one year; this archive is available to all instructors and enrolled students in that class.
About the Canvas communication features
Messages sent through Canvas are delivered in up to three ways:
- Directly within the Canvas interface
- Via a text message (if students opt-in)
- Via email
Note that students can opt-out of receiving emails outside of the system; this is the primary difference between Canvas and the EEE+ Class Mail lists.
Messages sent through Canvas are available only to students enrolled at the time the message was sent; there is no archive of messages.
Use online discussion forums
- Use Canvas Discussions for asynchronous, threaded discussions
- Learn about Discussions within Canvas Groups for larger classes
Chat in real-time
Fall 2020: Send emails to your classes
Real-time lectures, meetings, and discussions