School-Based Faculty Support Teams enable schools to utilize the expertise among their own faculty. These individuals can offer discipline-specific assistance with remote teaching strategies and tools through workshops, one-on-one meetings, and examples of online assignments and assessments.
- Alan Terricciano has created a handbook to guide faculty in the transition from face-to-face to remote learning.
- Here's a list of resources for Arts faculty.
- Biological Sciences has created specific resources for BioSci faculty, students, and staff:
- The Merage School built a Teaching Virtually, Coronavirus Instructional Preparedness site.
- Natalie Blair's team also built out a Digital Learning Launchpad website for students who are prospective or newly admitted students getting ready to learn online in preparation for online undergraduate majors in the school.
- Laura Mitchell is leading workshops on tools for remote instruction and options in Canvas.
- UCI Humanities Center provides these Pedagogy Resources.
- Renee Link shared two Zoom-focused videos on drawing in Zoom:
- The Department of Mathematics is maintaining a list of resources to help with facilitiating online math courses.
- Phil Collins is leading workshops focused on moving final exams online and how to use tools involved with remote instruction (YuJa, Zoom) and recording them for later faculty viewing.
- Social Ecology created a Faculty Support Team with an individual from each department (Val Jenness (CLS), Joanne Zinger (PS), Walter Nichols (UPD3), and Terry Dalton (CLS) supported by other school expertise. This team is available to help on an individual basis as described in the following school plan.
- Social Sciences created a comprehensive remote teaching website.
- The School also created a Pre-Course Student Check In (Word .docx) to gather information about student internet connectivity, availability, and concerns prior to instruction.
- Angela Jenks is holding virtual office hours and organizing a workshop about tools and best practices for online teaching.
Library services, resources, and tools for facilitating remote instruction
IP & Copyright
Guidance around intellectual property and copyright of instructional materials
Guidance around ensuring privacy during remote instruction