Videos have been produced specifically for UCI and UCI’s business practices. Screen captures may include UCI-specific branding.
Attention Windows Users: Some of our more recent videos don’t display in Windows Firefox or IE. If you’re having trouble, please use Chrome. Thanks for your patience while we troubleshoot the hiccup in the mp4 encoding.
- Welcome to Recruit (mp4, 01:19): A quick introduction to the Recruit How-To Video series.
- Overview of Recruit (mp4 file, 2:16): An overview of the Recruit interface for administrators and faculty. Tour the top nav menus and a brief review of the recruitments page.
Getting Started – A new recruitment
- Creating a new Recruitment: We have revamped the recruitment creation process. A new, revised video is in production.
- Configuring the Recruitment readying the Search Plan for approval (mp4 file, 4:53): Learn to complete the fields in order to submit the Search Plan for review and approval so you can get your recruitment off the ground and running. This video is slightly out of date. Check back for an updated version.
- Generating a Search Plan and Submitting it for Approval (mp4 file, 3:00): This video shows analysts how to download a search plan pdf, specify people in the workflow, check for approver comments, and notify approvers of changes.
- Publishing a Recruitment (mp4 file, 1:07): Your search plan has been approved. Now it’s time to publish your masterpiece to the world. This short video shows how to publish a recruitment.
Looking at Data
- Workspaces: Filters, Columns, and Sorting (mp4 file, 5:28) This is a soup-to-nuts video of how to work with the vast information laid out in “grids,” found on various pages in Recruit.
- Workspaces Part 2: Custom Reporting for Power Users (mp4 file, 5:31) For power-user report builders. Learn more about customizing your workspaces for trend analysis and longitudinal studies.
Tools to Manage Applicants
- Meets Basic Qualifications Training for UCI Analysts (mp4 file, 4:42): See how analysts mark applicants as Qualified or Unqualified in Recruit.
- Assigning Disposition Reasons (mp4 file, 3:16): Learn what applicant disposition reasons are, what they’re used for, who can assign them, when they’re assigned, and how to assign them.
For Committee Reviewers:
- Reviewing Applicants (mp4 file, 5:14): This video is for committee reviewers learn how to use Recruit’s tools to evaluate applicants.
Reports and Approvals:
- Shortlist Reports (mp4 file, 3:53): This video shows analysts how to create shortlist reports and submit them for approval.
- Search Reports (mp4 file, 3:22): This video shows analysts how to create Search Reports, submit them for approval, and “live-updating” the report.
- Waivers (mp4 file, 7:38): Watch a quick overview showing how to create a search waiver and submit it for approval.
- Exemptions (mp4 file, 6:17): Watch a quick overview showing how to create an exemption in Recruit and issue it for approval.