Videos have been produced specifically for UCI and UCI’s business practices. Screen captures may include UCI-specific branding.
Attention Windows Users: Some of our more recent videos don’t display in Windows Firefox or IE. If you’re having trouble, please use Chrome. Thanks for your patience while we troubleshoot the hiccup in the mp4 encoding.
- Welcome to Recruit (created 12/21/17, length 01:19): A quick introduction to the Recruit How-To Video series.
- Overview of Recruit (created 1/10/17, length 02:16): An overview of the Recruit interface for administrators and faculty. Tour the top nav menus with a brief review of the recruitments page.
Getting Started – A new recruitment
- Creating a new Recruitment: (created 3/1/19, length 04:18) Learn to complete the fields in order to submit the Search Plan for review and approval so you can get your recruitment off the ground and running.
- Search Plan Approvals & Publishing: (created 3/1/19, length 03:48) Learn how to specify people in the approval workflow, check for approver comments, and notify approvers of changes. Once approved, now it’s time to publish your masterpiece to the world.
Looking at Data
- Workspaces: Filters, Columns, and Sorting (created 5/11/17, length 05:28) This is a soup-to-nuts video of how to work with the vast information laid out in “grids,” found on various pages in Recruit.
- Workspaces Part 2: Custom Reporting for Power Users (created 5/11/17, length 05:31) For power-user report builders. Learn more about customizing your workspaces for trend analysis and longitudinal studies.
Tools to Manage Applicants
- Meets Basic Qualifications (created 12/20/17, length 04:42): See how analysts mark applicants as Qualified or Unqualified in Recruit.
- Assigning Disposition Reasons (created 12/11/15, length 03:16): Learn what applicant disposition reasons are, what they’re used for, who can assign them, when they’re assigned, and how to assign them.
For Committee Reviewers:
- Reviewing Applicants (created 12/14/17, length 05:14): This video is for committee reviewers learn how to use Recruit’s tools to evaluate applicants.
Reports and Approvals:
- Shortlist Reports (created 4/3/15, length 03:53): This video shows analysts how to create shortlist reports and submit them for approval.
- Search Reports (created 2/9/16, length 03:22): This video shows analysts how to create Search Reports, submit them for approval, and “live-updating” the report.
- Waivers (created 6/24/16, length 07:38): Watch a quick overview showing how to create a search waiver and submit it for approval.
- Exemptions (created 12/20/16, length 06:17): Watch a quick overview showing how to create an exemption in Recruit and issue it for approval.