Student Life & Leadership is looking for student leaders interested in becoming a Coordinator for the UC Irvine Summer Orientation Programs, comprised of the Student Parent Orientation Program (SPOP), the Transfer Student Parent Orientation Program (T-SPOP), Transfer Success, and the International Student Orientation (ISO).
The Orientation Coordinator position is unlike any other student opportunity on campus. Coordinators are selected from a diverse pool of applicants, including those who have NO direct experience working with UCI’s Orientation programs in the past. Selected in teams of 5, it is the Orientation Coordinator’s responsibility to:
- Direct a recruitment, interview, and selection process for over 150 volunteer staff positions.
- Develop and execute a 10+ week training program for Orientation staff.
- Supervise Orientation staff and coordinate efforts during each Orientation program in the summer.
You’ll develop skills in public speaking, facilitating workshops, marketing, team building, supervision, event planning, recruitment, selection, training, and more! And you’ll be supported by some of the best administrators and educators from across campus.
You can find more information at the website below. If you’re interested in one of the most challenging and rewarding student leadership experiences UCI has to offer, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Applications are open until Friday, October 20 at 11:59 p.m.
- If selected, applicants will not be able to be Resident Advisors the following academic year due to work and training conflicts. However, it’s fine if they are currently RA’s this academic year.
- Applicants must be registered students until at least Spring 2018.
- The Minimum GPA required for consideration is 2.7.