The general evaluation criteria for the UCI Clean Tech Academy include:
- Product innovation and uniqueness
- Demonstrated social and environmental impact
- Maturity of product development competitive advantage
- Potential for a growing market
- Profitable business model
- Strength of founding team
All complete applications that are submitted by the competition deadline will be evaluated by a panel of Tech Coast Angels representatives and UCI Environment Institute affiliates.
The Clean Tech Academy business plan competition will feature business plan presentations, which will have been developed during the mentoring program, followed by a Q&A session with the judges. The judging panel for the competition may include representatives of the Tech Coast Angels, the UCI Environment Institute, OCTANe, K5, Calit2, and The Paul Merage School of Business. All participants will receive feedback on their business plans from the judges, and may be encouraged to revise and re-submit their plans to the Tech Coast Angels for angel funding.