Magellan SEM problem with the quickloader on June 16 and fixed on June 30

Magellan SEMĀ  users:

I was just reported that the glass lid of the Quickloader on Magellan SEM was broken. I am going to contact FEI and get the glass lid replaced. Before the lid is replaced, users should not touch the quickloader.

I have changed the SEM stage to a single stub holder. All SEM samples must be loaded from front door of the SEM till further notice. There is a SOP folder on the table as a reference. If you did not use the front door to load the sample, please contact me or Tim so that one of us may teach you and stay with you for your first time sample loading and unloading.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jian-Guo

2 Replies to “Magellan SEM problem with the quickloader on June 16 and fixed on June 30”

1. I received the glass lid on last Fri. Today, I received the installation instruction and installed the lid by myself. I tested the sample loading and unloading. The lid works well. The Quickloader is fully up now.
    I have uploaded a Quickloader SOP on the desktop of SPC. Please follow the SOP carefully. Especially, the user should not press the lid downward or lift it up with hand.

2. The glass lid has been ordered.

During investigation of the quickloader incident, some violations were found. Some users treated the SEM quite rough and did not sign up in the log book at the beginning of their session. Please note that the SEM is a delicate instrument. All users need to follow the instructions taught during training and use it carefully. Please record all problems/damage in the log book or email Dr. Zheng.