Part 3: Final Pitch

Design Area     South Norwalk, CT
Potential Stakeholder     City of Norwalk, Norwalk Transit District, Restaurants of South Norwalk

Part 1: Potential ideas

mc-part-3-final

1. Expand the bus system to include SoNo (more than it currently does). The bus depot is located in “downtown” Norwalk, approximately a mile and a half from SoNo. A bus goes down the main strip of SoNo (Washington Ave) three times a night, but is done by 10:30. Expanding this to include later buses going to and from the SoNo Metro North train station (possibly like a shuttle) would encourage people to visit this spot. The appeal of this would be that people wouldn’t have to drive to this bar area, which would encourage safe practices (not drinking and driving). Or encourage people in the cold winter months to visit without the half mile cold walk. This could also be incorporated into the current MNR (Metro North Railroad) Getaway deal for a train ticket and aquarium ticket.
  2. The main street of SoNo (Washington Ave) is very walk-friendly, so creating outdoor fairs involving the current bars and restaurants would draw people to the renovated area. Utilizing the shuttle to the train station would be appealing because the lack of parking is a deterrent currently.
  3. There are outdoor seating areas currently associated with particular bars and they are very popular. The river area is very nice, but is under-utilized. Adding social areas along the river during the summer would be an additional draw (possible pop-up bar).
Project 3 – Experiences: Megan Cody

One thought on “Project 3 – Experiences: Megan Cody

• December 13, 2016 at 7:22 PM
    Permalink

Hey Megan! I think it’s always a good idea to increase mass transportation methods for people and reduced cars. I liked how to the point your pitch is and the order in which you laid it out, problem, solution, why it’s a good solution and how people would pay for it. One suggestion, I would’ve loved hearing a voiceover reading me the content. I find having visuals and audio together keep my attention better and help retain the information I see, it also adds a personable touch.

Awesome effort!

Reply