FEI XL-30 SEM computer (Sept 19-21) and EDS system upgrade

FEI Engineer will upgrade the computer and imaging software for FEI XL-30 SEM from Sept 19 to 21. The EDS system upgrade will follow up. I will conduct a quick training to get current XL-30 SEM users familar with the new software soon.  I am going to inform all current users to sign up for the training.

2 Replies to “FEI XL-30 SEM computer (Sept 19-21) and EDS system upgrade”

1. Both MC2 SEM computer upgrade and EDS installed have been done. They are working well now. Here is a brief update.

The upgraded SEM computer and software enable you to obtain high digital resolution SEM images (up to 3800 lines per frame), but the new SEM interface is almost the same as the old version. So there will be no further special SEM operation training. Please read and follow the new SOP which stays with the SEM. You may contact Mingje or me when you have any questions.

The new EDS system is from Thermo-fisher. It is totally different from the old EDAX EDS system, but it is the same as the one installed on Zeiss EVO SEM. If you need any EDS training, please mark the sign-up form at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlVa2cfmNf6XdGR1VXh4N3JlMnlQMTVWZDFicjlSbkE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I will arrange a brief group SEM training according to your available time.

If you changed your group, your old account may not work anymore. Please contact Mingje to update your account information or set up a new account. Thanks,

2. SEM computer was upgraded. The SEM interface does not change much. I will update the SOP so tha you may use it soon. The EDS system has been installed. EDS training will be scheduled soon.
    There is a little difficulty to transfer your data. I will let you know a temporary solution. I am going to work out a better solution as soon as possble.