5 Replies to “TEM CCD camera down on 6/22/2012 and loaner camera installed on 7/2/2012 and our CCD camera up on 7/6/2012”

1. Our CCD camera was fixed and received on June 6. It was installed/calibrated on the same day, working well. I checked it again in the weekend. It worked well. Because the same camera problem happened for three times, it is hard to predict how long our camera may stay in the good working condition. I will try to keep the Gatan loaner camera with us as long as I can. Please use the TEM and report any problems.

2. The loaner camer arrived in this morning. It has been installed. After the vacuum is recorvered (later this afternoon), I will calibrate/test it. Please keep an eye on the blog cooments and instrumental status if you need the TEM urgently.

3. We received return material authorization (RMA) number from Gatan and shiped our camera out to the company for repair on June 29. The good news was that Gatan finally agreed to ship a loaner camera to UCI. It could arrive on July 2 or 3. Soon after the loaner camera arrives, I will install/calibrate it and update instrument status.

4. A Gatan engineer called me this morning and leant the situation of this camera. He assigned the work to Clint Jackson. Clint set up an on-line testing with me after lunch, but the camera was mysteriously back to work during test. Then I used the TEM and camera for a project. It worked for a half-hour, then the same problem occured. I called Clint again. Fortunately, he was still in his office even it was quite late in his time. He did an on-line test and reported the problem to higher level managers and requested a loaner camera for us. I am waiting for further information from Gatan.