ZotIntroduction to my fellow Anteaters

What is up, everyone! My name is Nick and I am a new ZotBlogger! It is a pleasure for me to meet you guys!

Let me start off by introducing myself a little bit more than just a name. I am an international student from Ukraine, which is in Eastern Europe. Fun fact: Ukraine is the biggest country in Europe! I come from a big industrial city, not the capital, though, that is located in the Eastern part of the country and, therefore is close to Russia. The fun thing is that around 80% of the population there speak Russian as their first language, but schools, TV, radio and everything else is in Ukrainian which makes me a native speaker of both Russian and Ukrainian! I also speak English, as you may have already noticed and also know a little bit of German, so Gutten Tag meine lieben Freunde!

Ukraine`s biggest sport, as you may guess, is Soccer, so it should not be a surprise for you that I like playing it in my free time. What most definitely could surprise you, though, is that the main sport that I was doing is figure skating. I was doing it for 10 years before coming to study to the US and this is where I was able to achieve the most. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to do either figure skating or soccer professionally as my main focus were studies and academic success, but I don’t regret it now as I have become an Anteater because of my academic success!

Now, that I`ve been an Anteater for 3 weeks already a can say that this is the best thing that has happened to me so far. Everything is new for me not only in terms of academics but also the culture and atmosphere. I am happy that I am involved in U/U ZotBlog. I think this is a great opportunity to see what are you capable if and to also use skills that you acquire in Writing classes. I am really looking forward to this quarter as I would like to declare my major, which I would really want to be the Business Information Management one, and continue to pursue my degree!

Thank you all for reading this piece! This is my first experience in that kind of job so I really appreciate the attention and the opportunity to try myself in this field! I wish you all a happy and successful quarter and lets ZOT this year together!