As Time Treads On

Towards the end of fall quarter, I thought I was doing great, and that college life was going to be a breeze. Little did I know then that I was merely taking easy classes, and fewer units than I thought I was taking. I went into the next quarter thinking that I can handle whatever is going to be thrown in my way and oh was I wrong. For winter quarter, I took up an extra four units, and had both a science and math class back to back from each other. It wasn’t the best idea ever, but using fall quarter as a precedent, I thought nothing about it till I actually had to go out and do the work required for each class. It was a recipe for disaster and I’m still on damage control, but at least I know what not to do. That is one of the reasons why “trying not to fail the classes I have right now” is such a big spot on my brain map. It is like the most important thing on the table right now, because if I do fail any of the classes I have right now, graduating in four years become much more difficult.

The video games and shopping that is on my brain map is there as my de-stressing activities, which is obviously need here since of my classes. It is towards the back and bottom to show that I am doing my best from letting them consume my life since I turn to them often. I have friends and family on top of everything since I do still keep in contact with them back up north and they are important for me to maintain my state of mind. I can rely on my friends to cheer me up when I do fail that science midterm. They are all great people, and you should strive to keep the relations with your friends back home, if you aren’t local, strong.

Getting the classes I really need takes up a good chunk of my brain map because it is stressful being an undeclared student sometimes. Some classes are major restricted so even when they are open during your class enrollment window, they can’t be selected till the major restrictions drop. ICS 31 is a prime example of this sort of class. There is also the problem with the enrollment window itself. Since I am a freshman, I don’t really have a ton of credits just yet. That pushes your window back a bit and for me, I had the absolute latest window for last quarter, resulting in a situation where I have to constantly be on guard for a class to open up. Its a big thing on my mind since it is the time during the end of the winter quarter when the windows do open up.

Lastly, learning to cook some great food is a decent sized chunk of my brain map due to the fact that I would need to live off campus in about half a year. I would like to cook some great meals by myself and am learning from YouTube videos. Honestly, some of these videos are really good at making the food look good and not that good in teaching you how to actually make the food. Overall, this is the person I became towards the end of the winter quarter.