UCI Resources

University of California, Irvine is not just a great place to go to college to, but also a great resource center. UCI students are offered free access to a lot of useful services, clubs, and resources that can both help with studies and to make life happier and more social. I would like to talk about one of those today.

I would like to tell you about the Writing Center. As you might have already heard, UCI has one of the best composition programs in the nation. Moreover, some classes require written projects that usually require good research and writing skill. UCI offers a free help with writing assignment through the Writing Center. Writing Center itself offers several different ways of help and assistance. There is an option to schedule a one-hour-long appointment with a professional teacher who could answer all the question you might have regarding your work. I personally had that experience and I can tell that I was very helpful.  We went over my nine-page-long draft checking for grammar and composition mistakes. The tutor was also a very nice and approachable person, who was clearly there to help but not just to seat and pretend to be doing the job.

Writing Center also offers peer help which sometimes also very helpful. The thing here is that peers might be able to spot some unusual mistakes problems that teachers might not. Also, peers can give an advice on how to tackle certain problems in classes in the best ways. It is also a great place to find new friends and acquaintances.

I have visited Writing Center several times and can confirm that it is definitely a helpful resource. Probably one of the best UCI has to offer! I also think that the Writing Center itself could be a reason for #UCIYes!