ZotSnaps

Anteater Recreation Center
Fearful of the freshman fifteen? The ARC is a great solution. Fees are already included in your tuition so you do not have to pay additional membership fees. There’s cardio machines, weights, an aquatics plaza, a jogging track, basketball courts, and more. I usually prefer going there early in the mornings around 6 since it can get a bit crowded in the afternoon.

Anteater Learning Pavilion
UCI’s first active learning facility holds LARC tutorial rooms on its very top floor along with computer labs and meeting rooms. Its lounge and study areas make it one of my favorite places to go do homework and study between classes or in the morning. For my fellow commuters out there, if you end up getting to campus too early this place is perfect since the building opens around 7 in the morning.

University Town Center
From Target and Trader Joe’s to Sharetea and Chick-Fil-A, cross the bridge and there awaits a wide range of food places and shops at UTC. My friends and I maintain a tradition from fall quarter to go there every Friday after our classes to cry over midterms or celebrate surviving another week.