New Discoveries

Imagining being so oblivious to the fact that there were faster pathways going from one part of campus to another? Or that you had been taking the longest route to get from point A to point B? Well … that was me for most of this quarter.

It was a Wednesday at around 2 p.m and I had just finished up with a lecture. I decided to grab a bite at University Center, directly across campus. Now at this point, I usually took the bridge, but I remembered a few days prior, a friend of mine briefly mentioned that there was a hidden Starbucks behind the Social Sciences Plaza. I figured I would take a look into it, so as I make my way there, I verify that there is indeed this Starbucks, the green umbrellas outside giving it away.

In case you were wondering, I’m definitely not a huge coffee drinker, so this discovery wasn’t too exciting. There are plenty of coffeeshops on and off campus to fuel the bodies of procrastinating students or caffeine addicts.

It was the moment I looked ahead and realized that I could end up at University Center that sparked my interest, since I typically grab a quick lunch from there. They have fast-food chains, sit-down restaurants, and so many other amenities. You may be wondering why this is such a big deal to me. Having this shorter route to grab lunch saves me half as much time, meaning I have more time to enjoy a meal between classes, and less time walking. And if you’re someone like me who likes to be early to class, this shorter path would definitely ensure that getting to class more than a few minutes early would be possible.

So, I guess the biggest lesson I learned is to explore as much as possible! You never know what you might find. 

Till next time,

Celeste