Tension and Relaxation go hand in hand

The time passed much faster than I thought! The winter semester has just started, and the mid-term exam is coming soon. Is everyone busy preparing for the mid-term exam? My class had a later midterm than my friends, but that meant there was more material on the exam! In addition, I have to prepare for the career fair, and the time for mid-term review becomes very tight. Thus, in this busy period of time, how to effectively relax has become a very important thing. I’m going to share with you what I do to relax.

I like to listen to something on the way to the library or study room because it takes up so much time with assignments, revision tasks, and daily activities. Sometimes I listen to some music, but more often I listen to books. If you have any favorite songs can recommend to me, I can enrich my playlist. What I would like to introduce to you here is listening to books. I have listened to crosstalk and pingshu (storytelling), which are ancient traditional Chinese oral performance art forms. Crosstalk mainly tells funny jokes and recent news, while pingshu tells stories about ancient Chinese novels and books. Since I always use my mobile phone and computer a lot, listening to something can also relax my eyes, which is killing two birds with one stone. In addition, I also like to chat with my friends to relax. Although the epidemic can be scary at times, technology is now so advanced that people can communicate without leaving their homes. It is also a good way to share with your friends the recent daily events or difficulties you have encountered. Having a call or Facetime with a friend is a great way to relieve stress and stay social while not being affected by the pandemic.

I hope you will not be discouraged when you are under too much pressure and relax by doing what you enjoy. Combining work and rest will get twice the result with half the effort. For the upcoming midterm exam, I hope all students can be fully prepared and achieve excellent results.