MIDTERM szn in the SPOOKY szn !!!

HEYYY EVERYONE !!! :))

I’m absolutely thrilled to announce that I’ve finally survived the wild and wacky adventure of my first round of midterms for my classes. Let me tell you, it was an experience I don’t want to repeat, like ever, especially with chemistry and biology classes. I practically turned into a nocturnal creature, pulling off countless all-nighters fueled by maybe too much caffeine, and as for sleep? What’s that? I’m pretty sure I’ve spent a small fortune from my flex dine on Starbucks concoctions, but I’m too scared to check my balance. But, in the midst of this caffeinated chaos, I discovered my new favorite drink. Someone mistakenly took my drink, and I took their drink because we had the same name! Although, believe it or not, I ended up loving the drink! It was a blonde iced latte with hazelnut syrup, and now I’m head over heels for it. Before this, my go-to was the matcha frappuccino with oat milk. 

I must admit that this whole experience was totally on me. I was completely unprepared for these midterms. I mean, I started studying three days before the exams, thinking I could easily do it. The cold, hard truth is that we need to start studying from day one and keep at it daily to truly grasp the material. This is nothing like my high school days, let me tell you. 

However, looking past the midterm experience, I’m glad to say that I have been able to make such great friends in the process! I have been able to explore around Irvine, and gain a sense of belonging. I have been to many flea markets, restaurants, etc. but unfortunately, may have splurged some days.

Here’s my conversation with my friends: 

Me: “omg should I buy it” 

My friends: “yes you should, when would you have the chance to buy it again. It’s worth it!” 

The sad truth is that I give into it, too easily. 

pictures of some of the best places I’ve eaten at with my friends!

my favorite places to study! – my room and the ALP building

UNTIL NEXT TIME !!! GOOD LUCK everyone, and don’t forget to take care of yourselves!!! Take a break and go outside! Also, HAPPY HALLOWEEEENNNN !!!

-lindsay m :))