winter qt :)

HELLOOO EVERYONE !!! WE DID IT !! One quarter down, two more to go!

Fall quarter, my first quarter in college was undeniably a rollercoaster of emotions and experiences as everyone could imagine. It was characterized by the tangible stress of adjusting to a new academic environment, the thrill and excitement of embarking on a new journey, the inevitable anxiety that comes with facing unfamiliar challenges, and moments of peace amidst the chaos. From figuring out the most efficient study methods to balancing social activities and academic responsibilities, each day presented new challenges that tested my adaptability and resilience. 

However, amidst these whirlwinds of classes and overload of assignments, there were also moments of tranquility and peace. These were the times when I found myself settling into the rhythm of college life, appreciating the growth and learning opportunities it presented, and taking time to reflect on my personal and academic journey. 

As I progress into the new quarter, I’ve gained a clearer understanding of my workload and productivity levels, enabling me to plan more effectively. To keep me accountable this quarter, I’ve downloaded Notion, an app designed to help structure my days, maintaining organization, as well as accountability. This tool isn’t new to me; I utilized it back in high school. However, during the last quarter, I found myself too unmotivated to organize my schedule properly. Now, with renewed focus and a better grasp of the demands of college life, I’m committed to using Notion. Also, since I am continuing with my bio + chem classes, I have now dedicated a specific day each week with my friends to review the course load. We would review the lectures, complete practice problems, and quiz each other. I found that this would significantly help me reduce the amount of stress before exams, and I would actually be able to understand the material.    

I’m so glad that during the fall quarter, I ended up finishing finals early and was able to go home earlier than most. I feel like the winter break really helped me because I was already feeling the onset of burnout and a deep sense of homesickness. I loved being surrounded by my friends and family, especially for the holidays. During break, I was finally able to relax, and be able to watch the shows I put off during school and spend time with my friends. This period of relaxation and detachment from school responsibilities was essential for recharging and preparing myself mentally and emotionally for the upcoming challenges of the new quarter.

For this upcoming quarter, my goal is that everyday I remain on a consistent schedule and ensure that I get a proper amount of sleep. Furthermore, I also need to set limits for my social media apps, especially tiktok. 

THANK you for reading !! Good luck this quarter !!

here is a little overview of my notion 🙂

Lindsay