my hobby !!

HELLO EVERYONE!

To get started, the hobby I am interested in is WEIGHTLIFTING!! 

Weightlifting is a complex and engaging activity that combines both physical and mental aspects. It serves as a type of strength training, where lifting weights contributes to the development of muscle power and bulk, boosts sports performance, and supports general health and well-being.

Embarking on a weightlifting journey has been such a transformative experience for me. Initially, my time in the gym was consumed with focusing on abs and cardio, with the primary aims of shedding weight and obtaining an hourglass figure. As time passed, my goals changed. Now, my main goal in the gym is to continue to build my strength and continuously set new personal PR’s – (personal records) with heavy compound lifting, which involves executing movements that engage multiple muscle groups simultaneously. 

The gym can be a lot of things for different people, but I have found it to be one of my many safe places. It’s a time when everything goes quiet, and I can simply listen to my music and workout. I love being able to unwind from my day, and even push my limits when I’m tired. I used to enjoy going with my friends, but recently I have been going by myself, as it is proves to be a lot quicker. Although, I think going with my friends helped me become more comfortable with going to the gym, and not being afraid to try new things. Also, them being there to support me and keep me going helped me a lot. I became a lot closer with people, and it was a great opportunity to not only work out your body, but also your mind. You don’t have to be good at it, you just have to try. It’s more so of a mindset, rather than depending on your physical strength. 

To get started with weightlifting, keep in mind that you are starting out on this journey! Do not compare yourself to others no matter what! Follow advice yes, but be sure that you are consuming the right knowledge! The reason I got started was because of my friends and most of my information comes from TikTok. I recommend starting off with a simple routine and depending on your goal for the gym, I would say to follow pre-made routines from other people either from YT and TikTok. Find what works for you, everyone is different. Also, being aware of what others post (body, food, lifestyle) on social media, they focus only on those parts of your life, so again, don’t compare yourself! 

If you have any questions or need my advice, please contact me 🙂 !! I’m happy to help! 

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAMS!! I can’t believe it’s already week 8 :(.