UC Irvine In Late January

Hello everyone, it is Jack once again and I am here to share some photos of some of the moments I found most interesting at UC Irvine In the first few weeks of the quarter! Most of these are athletics related, but that is an area I do not think I have been able to share about yet, so I am going to share it now.

This is a photo of the exterior of the Bren Events Center when the UC Irvine Women’s Basketball team played Long Beach State for kids day. This was an important game as it had the largest attendance of any UC Irvine Women’s Basketball game ever. I took these photos here a while ago, but tomorrow the women’s basketball team plays Gonzaga in the first round of March Madness, hopefully they will be able to get their first March Madness win ever.

This is a photo of the 2024 UC Irvine Men’s Tennis home opener against BYU, the Anteaters won and it was the first tennis match that I had watched at UC Irvine.

This was the next day during the next men’s tennis match against San Diego State. The Anteaters were able to win and on some days in late winter and early spring, due to the proximity of the tennis stadium and the baseball field, you can hear the baseball game from the tennis stadium. This was one of those days.

This is a photo of the post-game of a UC Irvine Men’s Basketball game against CSUN. The Anteaters were able to win and they actually went undefeated at home this season. There are a variety of activities at men’s and women’s basketball games, so I encourage all students to at least attend one.

This is a photo of the Men’s Volleyball match against UCLA, which the Anteaters lost 3-2. It has to have been my favorite match that I attended in the Bren Events Center as the crowd was really getting into it and the Anteaters almost came back from a 2-0 deficit. Men’s Volleyball matches are definitely the second most popular type of game to attend after basketball and at times they have similar attendance numbers, if you ever have a chance try to attend a Men’s Volleyball match you should go as they are very lively and the team is usually ranked top 10 in the nation.

For a break from athletics, this is an example of a program hosted by a resident advisor in one of the on-campus residence communities. My residence hall is very active when it comes to programs and at times students who do not even live in my hall attend. On this night we were playing bingo and other board and card games.

I hope this gives students and others a good idea about some of the activities at UC Irvine and I hope to share some more information about life at UCI in my next posts. Next time I will be sharing about one of the activities I never thought of participating in before I came to UC Irvine! Until next time, I hope everyone has a good end to finals week and Zot Zot Zot!