The Few Moments to Breathe Before Springing Into Another Quarter

Especially after three weeks for winter break, having only one for spring break made it collectively pass by in a blur. I did not do anything too exciting over break as my time off did not align with any of my friends or my sibling. But it was nice to have a few moments to breathe without the reminder of an upcoming due date or midterm sending me into a panic-induced state of studying. My time was divided between catching up on much-needed sleep and spending my conscious moments with family. After spending a couple days babysitting my four-month-old and seven-year-old cousin, listening to my sister’s middle school drama, and helping my mother out with household chores, it made me realize that these instances would be coming farther and fewer in between. I only have a few remaining breaks left to spend at home with family before I would be expected to set out on my own and live a life independent of theirs. But since that time will not come for another couple of years, I might as well enjoy not having to pay rent for as long as possible.

As the final quarter of my freshman year begins, thankfully I am not as terrified now as I was the previous one. However, I still definitely have some goal reaching to do. First, while I no longer arrive to class out of breath, I would like to go to the ARC on a more frequent basis to get into better shape. Second, I still retain the terrible habit of procrastination. I am trying to stay optimistic in my thinking that is within the realm of possibility to improve my work habits. Most of my stress during the first two quarters can be attributed to completing homework and studying last minute. And third, go to the beach at least once with my friends. As a commuter, most of the time I spend with my friends is on campus. With Corona del Mar beach so close, I think it would be pleasant between midterms or after finals to watch a sunset.