Celebrating Early

Wow, with just a couple weeks left in Fall Quarter, it’s time to start studying like crazy for finals! It is no secret that we are in the holiday season, but along with it comes all the last minute assignments, and so much stress! Always try to find time to take a breather, make some plans with friends and enjoy some food!

Time escapes us so easily, it can feel overwhelming studying back to back, but knowing there’s a light at the end of the tunnel keeps me going. It was about two weeks ago when I realized … Thanksgiving was right around the corner! Finally, a chance to catch up on sleep! I decided the next day to take a break and plan something with a friend and her floor, to just celebrate a little early and have some fun.  

Ever done an Escape Room? They are so fun if you are into solving problems and playing detective! You are given several clues, all leading up to the big reveal, all the while confined to just a room with your friends. Depending on which room you end up in, you could be solving a murder, trying to find some item, the list goes on. It is such a unique experience, and can be a great way to distract yourself from all the studying and homework that will inevitably pile on as the quarter comes to a close.

You know that saying “All good things must come to an end?” Well, I think it applies to bad things too. In this case, the quarter system. If you do not enjoy a particular class or Professor, not to worry, it goes by fast, and you will be done before you know it! Now that is something to be thankful for! 

I only hope that in Winter Quarter I will be able to find a balance with social and academic life, but the more units, the less likely I can have a lot of free time. But don’t worry about me too much! I will definitely be using all my tips I have learned so far, especially the one about planning early. Tune in next time and maybe I will share some more!

Happy Holidays!

Celeste