Late-Night Snacks

“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”

– Theodore Roosevelt

My midterms are not in sync so it seems like I have a midterm almost every other week😣 I had my first midterms for Bio Sci 93 and Psych 7A two weeks ago, and last week, I had my Math 2D midterm. Next week, I will have my second midterms for Bio Sci 93 and Psych 7A. It can get pretty stressful, but it’s important to remember to take breaks and to never give up!

My first midterm week was actually quite scary for me because it was my first college midterm and I had no idea what to expect! Luckily, I had brought some snacks to munch on to calm my nerves! Below are two lists: one covers my old favorites and the other has new discoveries!

• Black Coffee
    • While I usually do not drink black coffee, I found it quite enjoyable when I was studying because it kept me focused!
  • Yogi’s tea
    • Every single day, I drink at least 4-6 cups of tea! Right now, I am LOVING Yogi’s selection of teas such as their Mango Ginger tea and their Stress Relief tea. I usually drink their Sweet Tangerine tea in the morning to give me a boost of energy and their Green Tea Blueberry tea at night to get me ready to go to sleep. 
  • Trader Joe’s Dried Fruits, Vegetable Chips and Infusion’s Tuna
    • Anyone who was close to me in high school knew that I always had one of the following: dried fruits, vegetable chips and/or tuna. I wasn’t trying to be particularly healthy (though that is an added bonus); I just really enjoyed how they tasted so it’s not exactly a surprise that I brought them with me when I started dorming!
  • Ritz crackers
    • This snack is a staple in my household because it goes so well with everything! I eat it with salsa, guacamole, or just by itself! If I can’t decide what to eat, I reach for these!
  • Nilla wafers
    • For some reason, I just get a craving for Nilla wafers every once in a while, and therefore, it made it onto my list for old favorites! The crispness of the wafer gives me nostalgia whenever I eat it and I like the way it melts in my mouth. 
  • Black chocolate 
    • To be honest, I never really liked black chocolate until my sister kept giving me some whenever I studied. Now, it is just natural for me to eat some here and there😂 I actually enjoy the bitterness of the chocolate and it does help me focus better on whatever I am working on. 
  • Potato chips
    • Now…I know…it’s the least healthy snack here, BUT it is important to remind yourself that it is okay to treat yourself to some cravings especially if you haven’t eaten them in a while…that’s what I tell myself so I don’t feel too guilty😅
  • Lady M’s crepe cakes and Mother’s Market Kitchen’s fruits
    • The trip to these places will be worth it because they’re right next to each other! Lady M, first established in New York, is well-known for its crepe cakes! I’ve only ever tried their original crepe cake so I was so excited to see so many flavors at their Irvine location. I ended up choosing their Matcha crepe cake and their Earl Grey crepe cake. I ate both so fast that I forgot to take a picture to show you all😅, but please know that it was delicious!
    • Mother’s Market Kitchen was such an unexpected surprise, but it was worth the visit. Their produce was fresh and they have a variety of fruits that come from different areas of the world. I will definitely go again in the future😊
  • Sidecar Doughnuts and Coffee
    • At first, I didn’t expect myself to get doughnuts because I’m personally not a doughnut person, but I was pleasantly amazed by their selection of doughnuts. They had the typical doughnut flavors like vanilla and chocolate, but they also had flavors like huckleberry, pumpkin spice, and sweet potato. With such bold flavors, even someone like me who doesn’t like doughnuts will be intrigued to try at least one! 

I also tried something different and made some phone calendar wallpapers so I hope you like them🤗

I put together a playlist of all the songs I’ve been listening to this month so here are my music recommendations!

I hope you all have an amazing day and like always, take care!🤗

One thought on “Late-Night Snacks