Let’s Keep The Ball Rolling…

After everything so far I think we can say that we’ve reached a checkpoint since we came to UCI and a lot has happened. I can already feel my mental state of mind slowly changing or maybe it’s because I haven’t done my homework, either way it something different. There’s a saying that my parents always told me growing up, “those who fail to learn from their mistakes are domed to repeat it”, and that is why as I go into winter quarter I intend to do better than I did in fall quarter.

Starting with making better use of the facilities, I personally think I learned everywhere on campus faster than other undergrads. The first mistake I made was after I learned about them, I made no attempt to take the initiative to take advantage of it. This quarter, I plan to not just wait till I actually have a reason to make use of my resources and instead familiarize myself earlier on. By doing this, I can be more prepared to tackle a problem and avoid having to scramble my brain on what to do last minute. Second mistake I made was my lack of effort when It came to sorting through my email. In my defense, I get about 50-100 emails every day and thats if I’m lucky enough to check it before it piles up.

Third mistake I made and hope to overcome one day(probably not going to happen) is procrastination, I didn’t necessarily put myself in situations where I had to cram. It was mostly because I could do the work at any time and because I would turn it in a little later it didn’t give me time to revise and reflect on my work because I had to study for the next course work. Since there is only so much excuses can do for you I’m not going to say anymore(even thought their really good ones), excuses just serve as restraints to further improvement.

As of now my current(still pending) goal is to have as little regrets as possible, so that’s why if there is anything that I feel like I missed out on this quarter. Next year I plan to do something even better to make up for it because college can be difficult, so anything that can bring me the slightest joy, I feel like I owe it to myself to enjoy it. That is why I want to experience as much as possible this quarter and the rest of my college years and thrive through it. Right now that classes are online, it does add to the difficulty slightly but its just a repeat of what happened last year and if they can do it so can I.

It’s you’re favorite zot blogger being the marble and sculptor for a better future signing out.