My last entry….

Hello everyone,

It is crazy to say that we have reached the end of Week 10 of Spring Quarter, and this means that we are so close to finishing the school year. Some of you may or may not already be graduated, so this is an exciting summer for you as you prepare for the college school year. I know it is exciting and sparks curiosity, but I also want you all to enjoy the summer. Spend some time with your family, friends, siblings, cousins, with people who bring joy to you. Also, this will be a nice and long summer, so enjoy sleeping a lot! 

I just wanted to thank you all for reading not only my posts, but all of the other bloggers. We loved writing down our stories and advice for you all. I hope you learned something new and feel a little more excited about coming to this university! Being a Zot Blogger has honestly been a huge highlight for me this academic school year. I can not only give advice and share my stories, but I can always look back and remember these memories. 

I just wanted to reflect on a few accomplishments and memories. 

I think one of the biggest accomplishments for me was making the decision early on in my college life to switch my major to Mathematics with a concentration in secondary education. I took a small leap of faith and I am proud that I was able to complete this year as a Mathematics major. I am grateful for the UCI CalTeach program for welcoming me and providing me with a support system. 

I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to not only have taken a course with a prestigious professor, but had supportive professors. Starting with Fall Quarter, one of my professors had a class discord and was always, and I mean always available to answer any quick questions on any class material. This was an interactive learning environment because students were able to bounce ideas and learn new information from one another. During my Winter Quarter, one of my professors was new and she told us students from day one that she was there to help us succeed, and she kept her word for the full ten weeks. I think what meant a lot to me was that she intentionally wanted to remember her students’ names and when she would say hi and repeat my name in office hours, it provided a productive and more comfortable learning environment. During this quarter, one of my professors and TA have not only held countless office hours to provide academic support for us students, but have been there for me if I needed extra assistance for days outside of lecture. When I asked for an extra tutoring session or for one of them to check one of my homework problems, they have been active and have gladly been there for me. 

During this school year, I feel like I have majority of the time enjoyed the moment. I have enjoyed birthday parties, gone to formals , the bowling alley, the beach, gone to the outdoor shopping centers such as Spectrum and Fashion Island, going to Mariners Church on Sundays, and enjoyed spending time with friends and family. I have had a really enjoyable year and am content at UCI. 

One of my favorite routines was grabbing cereal at the dining halls with my friends at night. When we are studying, we have our study breaks and this consists of going to the Anteatery or sometimes Brandywine and grabbing a bowl of cereal. It is a light snack and gives us a well deserved brain break. 

I think some of my last pieces of advice would be to take advantage of all of the resources that are available at UCI. I know I have said this before, but please go to your professor’s or TA’s office hours. Office hours are beneficial because you can ask questions about lecture notes, advice for studying for the exams, and can listen to your peers and their questions. Sometimes I go to office hours to listen to my classmates and their questions and this has helped me study for exams. I know that I mentioned this before, but I would also practice consistently reading your school emails. There are always school events taking place or emails about when it is time to register for classes or pay for your student fees. It is always important to be up to date and aware of what is going on. There are Alumni Dinners, Night Markets, and sometimes celebrity guest speaker events that you definitely do not want to miss. 

I cannot believe this is the end of my term as a Zot Blogger. 

Thank you again for sticking with all of us this academic year. 

Enjoy the summer, spend time with your loved ones, and get excited about spending the next four years at UCI.

As always….

ZOTZOTZOT!