Gary Oberts talk to OLLI on the Irvine Ranch Water District Water Sources

Our water expert, Gary Oberts, gave a talk to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) associated with UC Irvine.  His talk was on the Irvine Ranch Water District of Irvine, California, and its water sources and policies during the current drought.

This is the link to the pdf of his very informative talk:

Gary Oberts Presentation on Irvine Ranch WD

His recommendations were that we increase our use of Ground Water sources to make Irvine less dependent on the State in times of drought, and to get water at half the price of the State’s water.  It would also make us more independent should a San Andreas fault earthquake rupture the pipelines for State water.  We should also continue our successful efforts to build water savings into new structures and to retrofit old ones.

This entry was posted in California Water, Irvine Water. Bookmark the permalink.