To Trump, from Sting and The Police: Every step you take

Every breath you take

Every move you make

Every bond you break

Every step you take

I’ll be watching you

Every single day

Every word you say

Every game you play

Every night you stay

I’ll be watching you

Every move you make

Every vow you break

Every smile you fake

Every claim you stake

I’ll be watching you

Oh can’t you see

You belong to me

My poor heart aches

With every step you take

Every move you make

Every vow you break

Every smile you fake

Every move you make

Every step you take

I’ll be watching you

Apocryphal, if sung by the American public, the free press, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

This song, Every Breath You Take, was written by Sting for The Police.  It was the biggest hit of 1983 and #1 for eight weeks.  Andy Summers wrote the guitar part.  Sting wrote this at the same desk that Ian Fleming wrote his James Bond books in Jamaica.  It was written after Sting separated from his first wife.

It won Grammys in 1984 for Song of the Year and Best Pop Performance by Duo or Group with Vocal.

Among several movies, it was used in the movie Risky Business in 1983.

Donald Trump, born in Jamaica, Queens, was 37 when he first heard this haunting song.  Special Counsel Robert Mueller, born in New York City, was 39 then.  He received his BA at Princeton University, his MA at New York University, and his JD from the University of Virginia.  He served in the Marine Corps from 1968-71, rising to Captain and a Platoon commander.  In Vietnam, he received 6 combat awards.  He was the 6th Director of the FBI from 2001-2013 under George W. Bush and Barack Obama.  At times, he served as a US Attorney for 10 years before heading the FBI.

Every Breath You Take lyrics copyright by Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC.

This entry was posted in Congressional Investigation, Constitution, Donald Trump, Equal Treatment Under the Law, FBI Director, First Amendment, Freedom of the Press, Humor, Politics, Secrecy, Trump Administration, Trump Truthiness, Trump's Logic, Trump's Mental Health, White House. Bookmark the permalink.